Tax Returns

Preparing a tax return can be a complicated matter

Did you know that the United Kingdom has one of the largest, most complicated coding in the world? At Potts&Co we’re dab hands at navigating through the tax code system and meeting all deadlines and responsibilities.

If you’re one of the following, chances are you should be filing a tax return annually:

  • Self employed or one partner in a partnership
  • Company director
  • Hold large amounts of savings or investment income
  • You have untaxed investment income and/or savings
  • You own land or a second property that is being let
  • Your household receives Child Benefit and you have income in excess of £50,000
  • You have income from overseas
  • You have disposed/sold/ given an asset away
  • You’ve lived or have worked abroad or aren’t domiciled in the United Kingdom

If you want to make sure you are paying the right amount of tax, you should consult a professional,  after all, it is not the remit of HMRC to advise you on how to organise your affairs or to minimise your tax.

At Potts&Co we use HMRC approved software to:

  • Complete your tax return
  • Calculate your tax liabilities
  • File your tax return online
  • Advise you on the amounts to be paid and when they are due to be paid.

We will pre-assess your self assessment tax return for any opportunities for tax savings before the return is submitted. This process helps Potts&Co to minimise your exposure of a HM Revenue & Customs enquiry into your tax affairs.